While volunteering on the Archaeological Heritage project, volunteers will work alongside a team of local archaeologists (and other volunteers), by assisting them in specific activities.The main goal is to bring to light old archaeological finds of the Roman and Etruscan era, in "minor" excavation sites, in order to preserve them and prepare them for restoration activities and subsequent exhibition or conservation in museums and / or institutions suitable for the purpose.
The municipality of Rome is unable to guarantee uniform effectiveness in managing all the archaeological sites present in the area. This depends on a general difficulty in organizing coordination of activities, but also on the lack of economic resources to finance the excavations. This risks ignoring and damaging a historical and cultural heritage that is fundamental for the Italian population, but also decisive in guaranteeing continuous work for archaeologists, historians, restorers and other figures who are highly qualified but have difficulty in recovering and preserving, “on their own. “, the past of Rome.
The volunteers involved in this project will learn a lot about history and archaeology, in a professional way. At the same time, they will contribute supporting the NGO who is taking care or preserving this precious memory that is at the basis of the Italian culture.
Volunteers requirements: medical certification of sound and robust constitution, plus tetanus vaccine.
- 1week € 891
- 2weeks € 1218
- 3weeks € 1544
- 4weeks € 1871
- First night (SUN) accommodation at a dormitory at a camping right out of Rome city center (Private rooms with private bathroom are also available); from Monday onward, accommodation in a rural house near the excavation site;
- Two meals a day, everyday: breakast and, dinner (local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.)
- Pick-up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation (On the Saturday or Sunday prior to an Introduction Day).
- Guided city tour (2 hours approx);
- Allocation to a non-profit and placement coordination on the first day of volunteering;
- Free SIM card, maps and the best tips to discover the city!
- Support 24/7 (365 days a year at anytime)
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)
Am I provided with insurance during my stay?
Your program fee includes civil liability insurance with limited coverage, that only covers accidents that may happen during your volunteering shift.
We highly recommend you to get full health, travel and accidents insurance in your home country!
Can I volunteer along with a friend of family member of mine?
Yes, of course you can! We regularly receive little groups of friends or family that come to participate in our programs together.
Do I have to pay money for volunteering?
You are not paying for your volunteer work itself but for your stay with us overall! The costs for your program further include various elements that are part of your stay here! Respective to your program, those elements can, for example, include your accommodation, food, transportation from and to the airport, insurance, guided tours, professional guides, supervisors or instructors, placement coordination and 24/7 support!
Please have a look at the pricing details of your program to find an accurate overview of all aspects included in each program and location.
When should I go ahead and book my flights?
We highly recommend you to wait and do not book your flights until you have received our official booking email confirming your stay with us! Once your booking is confirmed, it is in most cases advisable to get your tickets early to catch the cheapest fares!
Will I be able to enjoy the experience even though I do not speak a word in the local language?
Yes, of course! All of our programs are held entirely in English!
And... you can book language classes with us before or on arrival.