In this program, you will join volunteers from all over the world to support the local organizations taking care of the Natural Park of Cilento/Alburni and support them and the local community in their activities of Forest conservation, protection of biodiversity, and fire prevention among others.
As a volunteer, you will be placed on a non-profit focused on promoting environmental and animal conservation through educational summer camps projects. These initiatives seek to enhance the natural heritage, reduce environmental damage, regenerate and recover natural spaces, and therefore promote biodiversity and restore ecological functions. You will be working side by side with the organization’s staff.
Amongst others, forests and natural parks guarantee us a great diversity of ecosystem functions, such as the acclimatization, the conservation of natural resources, the control of soil erosion, the water regulation and water filtration, the recycling of nutrients, the formation of soil, the sequestration of carbon, the filtration of air pollutants, climate softening, the production of raw materials and the reducing the risk of fires.
Most of the activities are based in the natural park of Cilento/Alburni that surrounds and included, but are not limited to: giving a hand in the general maintenance operations, patrol excursions to prevent fires, building wooden artificial nests for wild birds and fire sensors on trees, clean rivers, and beaches, organize community events to celebrate local biodiversity and sensitize public opinion on environmental issues.
1529€ (13 days)
– Pick up at one of the two international airports & transfer to the accommodation
– Accommodation at a shared room in a gender-separated bungalow in Rome
– Accommodation at a shared house in the Park
– Breakfast and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request) for the first 2 days
– Full-board at the Park
– Shared use of common spaces, including spacious gardens and pool, and free WIFI
– Orientation event on arrival (including introduction to Italy and its culture, volunteer experience, overview of programmes, practical information, safety guidelines)
– Guided city tour
– The best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in an impactful non-profit project
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering
– Ongoing support throughout the stay
– 24h/7 emergency support
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)