In this program, you will be placed on non-profits focused on promoting environmental conservation activities in disadvantaged suburbs of Rome.
As a volunteer, you will be placed on non-profits focused on promoting environmental conservation activities in disadvantaged suburbs of Rome alongside local volunteers to mitigate the effects of climate change, raise public awareness on the one hand and foster the community connection as a way to respond to social isolation, poverty and exclusion. You will therefore give a tangible contribution against environmental issues and foster active citizenship towards community-building.
Day-to-day tasks for volunteers range, but can include:
-Tree planting (autumn and winter)
– Engage with the beneficiaries of their network of NGO’s and non-profits to involve the community in tree planting
– Outreach on environmental issues
– Support the NGO with general maintenance operations
– Participate in cultural events (music, theatre) to promote fundraising and management of crowdfunding platform
– Weeding, cleaning, get rid of trash, mulching, refresh damaged cardboards and irrigation of trees during the summer (May to September, August included) in three different locations in town.
Two first weeks 1279€
following weeks 380€
– Pick up at one of the two international airports & transfer to the accommodation
– Accommodation at a shared room in a gender-separated bungalow
– Breakfast and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request)
– Shared use of common spaces, including spacious gardens and pool, and free WIFI
– Orientation event on arrival (including an introduction to Italy and its culture, volunteer experience, overview of programs, practical information, safety guidelines)
– Guided city tour
– The best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in an impactful non-profit project
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering
– Ongoing support throughout the stay
– 24h/7 emergency support
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)
How is a typical day in this volunteer program?
07am – 10am | Breakfast at the volunteer’s accommodation
Morning | Explore the city, relax or enroll in other activities if you have a morning project
06pm – 9pm | Travel to the project to join local placement staff and begin work on your volunteer project
08 pm – 10pm | Dinner at the accommodation. After dinner, you will have the remainder of the evening free to relax and use as you wish.
What do I need to pack for my trip?
Are you already excited about your stay with us? We prepared a little list of essentials which can assist you with your packing:
- Basics (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner…)
- Medication contact lenses, glasses
- Clothes according to the local weather and the project you applied for
- Plug adapters and power converters
- Unlocked mobile phone – we will give you a Portuguese SIM card that you can charge according to your needs
- Laptop, tablet or smartphone so you have access to Wi-Fi almost everywhere
- Camera (if you want to capture all the unforgettable moments.)
What is the minimum age to participate in this program? 18
The minimum age to participate in this program is 18 years!
When are the Introduction Days of Impactrip's volunteer programs?
We welcome new volunteers twice a month every month of the year. Your arrival date should be the Sunday before an Introduction Day!
- We have Introduction Days on the first and third Monday of the month in Portugal, Croatia and Italy.
- We have Introduction Days on the second and fourth Monday of the month in Spain.
Please be aware that:
- the Marine Conservation program in Portugal is only available between March and October and in Split between May and November every year.
- the Wolf Conservation program in Mafra, Portugal is only available between February and November every year and has specific arrival dates.
Take a look at the experience description of the program of your choice to find some more detailed information. Also, please keep in mind that all of our programs are always subject to availability as the number of spots is limited!
Shall I bring special clothes to participate in this volunteer program?
There is no mandatory dress code for taking part in this program, so we just recommend you to bring comfortable clothes adjusted to the time of the year!