In this program, you will be a part of a rural community, in Delta del Ebro Natural Park, passionate about the environment and driven to make changes on the relationship between human and land!
Are you ready to start your environenmental volunteering?
The Delta del Ebro Natural Park is the largest protected wetland in Catalonia, a pole of attraction of a rich flora and fauna. However, much of this vegetation has had to adapt to extreme conditions and colonize dunes, saline soils or lagoon areas.
With initatives like conservation campaigns, environmental education lessons, organic gardening and scientific monitoring this project seeks to enhance the natural heritage, reduce environmental damage, regenerate and recover natural spaces, and therefore promote biodiversity and restore ecological functions!
The main tasks, that may vary according to the needs at the time, are the following:
– Conservation campaigns;
– Scientific monitoring tasks (birds and bat counts, flora & fauna monitoring);
– Environmental education;
– Maintenance tasks on houses, visitor center and hide;
– Organic garden care;
Spoiler Alert – The tasks during your day are often physical and/or happen in aquatic ecosystems (lagoons, rice fields) so be ready to work outdoors and in harsh conditions (walking through the mud, handling animals and plants, use tools, get dirty. Expect it to be extremely hot during summer and extremely cold in winter!
Living inside a Reserve at a 100m from the hide, surrounded by rice fields and nature means that you will live and work in direct contact with nature, so if you are allergic to dust, moisture, pollen, insect bites, plants weight well your decision to do this volunteering. It’s also important to be aware that this location is not close to any city, hospital, or health facility.
First 3 weeks 1909€
Following weeks 490€
On Sunday, the ImpacTrip team will be at the airport waiting for you with a big sign and a smile on their face! 🙂
– Pick up at the international airport in Barcelona & public transportation transfer to the accommodation – Sunday !
– Accommodation at a dormitory at a social hostel, female dormitory or mixed dormitory with private
bathroom for the first two days.
– We will provide breakfast and lunch at the hostel for the first 2 days (Sunday, Monday). The hostel restaurant offers meals with fresh local ingredients in a very Spanish style. For dinner, you can either explore the city or use the kitchen at the accommodation 🙂
– Orientation event on arrival including an introduction to Spain and Spanish culture, volunteer experience, overview of programs, practical information, safety guidelines!
– Guided city tour & the best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in an impactful non-profit project!
– Transport between Barcelona and volunteer project location!
– Pick up, on tuesday, at the train station Aldea Amposta – Tortosa by a team member that will take you directly to the Natural Park
– Accommodation in an old recently rehabilitated house, home for the volunteers and located inside the park, in a shared or single room with 2 toilets and 2 showers in a common space. The kitchen and dining areas are shared and you will be responsible for your meals!
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering!
– Ongoing support throughout the stay!
– 24h/7 emergency support!
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)
Can I change the dates of my volunteer placement with ImpacTrip?
Yes, that is generally possible! In most cases, we are quite flexible with making changes to your original booking period as per your wish, as we know how challenging it can be to plan such a big trip far in advance. However, please keep in mind that all of our programs are subject to availability, and therefore, we might not be able to accommodate last-minute changes anymore. Therefore, we recommend that you early on try to organize your plans concretely and get in touch with us as quickly as possible if alterations become necessary so that we are left with a higher chance of managing to change your reservation to cater your new situation!
Can I volunteer along with a friend of family member of mine?
Yes, of course you can! We regularly receive little groups of friends or family that come to participate in our programs together.
Are children allowed to take part in this volunteer program?
No, unfortunately, children are not suitable for this program!
Do I have to pay money for volunteering?
You are not paying for your volunteer work itself but for your stay with us overall! The costs for your program further include various elements that are part of your stay here! Respective to your program, those elements can, for example, include your accommodation, food, transportation from and to the airport, insurance, guided tours, professional guides, supervisors or instructors, placement coordination and 24/7 support!
Please have a look at the pricing details of your program to find an accurate overview of all aspects included in each program and location.
Do I need to book my stay well in advance?
No, not necessarily! Depending on the current availability of the program of your choice, we may even be able to accommodate your stay and participation for the upcoming week! However, both in our responsible travel experiences and our volunteer programs as well as regarding our available beds in the hostel, we do sometimes reach our full capacity and therefore recommend booking your stay with us as early as possible to secure your spot!
Do I need to speak the local language?
No, you don't need to have any previous skills in the local language! All of our programs are run entirely in English and our guides and staff are all comfortable speaking English as well! But we always encourage our participants to get acquainted with some of the most basic terms and expressions, as even just a simple "Good morning!" in the local language can be a great icebreaker to start interacting with the locals!
There are also language lessons available for volunteers. The language lessons can be booked before or on the arrival. Lessons are taught by a professional teacher and tailored to each volunteer’s current language level.
Does this experience require a high level of physical fitness?
No! All activities within this experience only require a medium or low level of physical fitness!
How and when do I need to pay for my volunteer program with ImpacTrip?
You can pay us through Paypal or bank transfer. We will kindly ask you to pay 50% of your bill at the time of your booking to secure your spot! The other 50% will be due at least one month before your arrival!
Shall I bring special clothes to participate in this volunteer program?
There is no mandatory dress code for taking part in this program, so we just recommend you to bring comfortable clothes adjusted to the time of the year!
What do I need to pack for my trip?
Are you already excited about your stay with us? We prepared a little list of essentials which can assist you with your packing:
- Basics (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner…)
- Medication contact lenses, glasses
- Clothes according to the local weather and the project you applied for
- Plug adapters and power converters
- Unlocked mobile phone – we will give you a Portuguese SIM card that you can charge according to your needs
- Laptop, tablet or smartphone so you have access to Wi-Fi almost everywhere
- Camera (if you want to capture all the unforgettable moments.)
What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Impactrip deposit fees are designed to be as affordable as possible to allow everyone to join our programs. Therefore, considering its limited capacity and the expectations of everyone involved, ImpacTrip is unable to provide a total refund policy.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip's volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.
Will I have time for some sight-seeing as well?
Of course! We want you to really get to know your natural and cultural surroundings and will provide you with useful tips and tricks that will help you discover the location of your stay like a local!
Your shifts will generally last between 3 and 5 hours per day and will take place either in the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening, which will leave you with plenty of free time to go explore, take a stroll around your surroundings, catch the most important sites, interact with the locals or simply go and relax! And of course, you will have your weekends off as well!