Join local partners to redistribute leftover food from local supermarkets among social organizations, poor families, homeless people, and other people in need!
Did you know that 262.000 tonnes of food are wasted annually in Catalonia?
40% of all food is wasted in its transformation in the industry, 5%, in distribution, 40%, in homes and 15%, in restaurants sector!?
And that’s where you can make a difference, by helping these initiatives to achieve their goals of giving a new future to surplus food and making it arrive to a true destiny in need!
This impact is possible to achieve with a network of centers which collect food excess, in good conditions, from local restaurants, supermarkets and cafés, organize it and re-distribute it among families, elderly and homeless in need.
What is still lacking is solidarity, courage and a broad-based social consciousness which acknowledges that the problem is a worldwide issue affecting the entire planet. And by opening this issue to international volunteers, this problematic is getting the awareness it needs!
Tasks may vary according to the needs at the time but it includes:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner and serve them to homeless people through different associations in the city of Barcelona
- Helping to collect perishable food from supermarkets and donations
- Warehouse work (loading, unloading and organization) and the pertinent quality controls and selection of fruit and vegetables
- Treating food for freezing and future cooking
- Cooking special recipes to make the most of the potential of each food and obtaining quality meals that later they will be distributed through other organizations or companies!
first two weeks: 1419€
following weeks: 490€ per week
– Pick up at the international airport in Barcelona & public transportation transfer to the accommodation – Sunday
On Sunday, the ImpacTrip team will be at the airport waiting for you with a big sign and a smile on their face! 🙂
– Accommodation in a dormitory at a Positive Impact Social Hostel in a female dormitory or mixed dormitory with private
bathroom, bed sheets are provided!
– We will provide breakfast and lunch at the hostel everyday. The hostel restaurant offers meals with fresh local ingredients everyday for all volunteers in a very Spanish style and they are prepared to accommodate most diet restrictions such as vegan and vegetarians, gluten-free and lactose intolerant.
For dinner, you can either explore the city or use the kitchen at the accommodation :)- Shared use of common room, outdoor area, and free Wi-fi!
– Orientation event on arrival (including an introduction to Spain and Spanish culture, Volunteer experience,
Overview of programs, Practical information, Safety guidelines)!
– Responsible Guided city tour!
– The best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in an impactful non-profit project!
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering!
– Ongoing support throughout the stay!
– 24h/7 emergency support!
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)
Do I have to pay money for volunteering?
You are not paying for your volunteer work itself but for your stay with us overall! The costs for your program further include various elements that are part of your stay here! Respective to your program, those elements can, for example, include your accommodation, food, transportation from and to the airport, insurance, guided tours, professional guides, supervisors or instructors, placement coordination and 24/7 support!
Please have a look at the pricing details of your program to find an accurate overview of all aspects included in each program and location.
Do I need to book my stay well in advance?
No, not necessarily! Depending on the current availability of the program of your choice, we may even be able to accommodate your stay and participation for the upcoming week! However, both in our responsible travel experiences and our volunteer programs as well as regarding our available beds in the hostel, we do sometimes reach our full capacity and therefore recommend booking your stay with us as early as possible to secure your spot!
Do I need to speak the local language?
No, you don't need to have any previous skills in the local language! All of our programs are run entirely in English and our guides and staff are all comfortable speaking English as well! But we always encourage our participants to get acquainted with some of the most basic terms and expressions, as even just a simple "Good morning!" in the local language can be a great icebreaker to start interacting with the locals!
There are also language lessons available for volunteers. The language lessons can be booked before or on the arrival. Lessons are taught by a professional teacher and tailored to each volunteer’s current language level.
Am I provided with insurance during my stay?
Your program fee includes civil liability insurance with limited coverage, that only covers accidents that may happen during your volunteering shift.
We highly recommend you to get full health, travel and accidents insurance in your home country!
Are children allowed to take part in this volunteer program?
No, unfortunately, children are not suitable for this program!
What is the minimum age to participate in this program? 18
The minimum age to participate in this program is 18 years!
Can I volunteer along with a friend of family member of mine?
Yes, of course you can! We regularly receive little groups of friends or family that come to participate in our programs together.
Can I change the dates of my volunteer placement with ImpacTrip?
Yes, that is generally possible! In most cases, we are quite flexible with making changes to your original booking period as per your wish, as we know how challenging it can be to plan such a big trip far in advance. However, please keep in mind that all of our programs are subject to availability, and therefore, we might not be able to accommodate last-minute changes anymore. Therefore, we recommend that you early on try to organize your plans concretely and get in touch with us as quickly as possible if alterations become necessary so that we are left with a higher chance of managing to change your reservation to cater your new situation!
How and when do I need to pay for my volunteer program with ImpacTrip?
You can pay us through Paypal or bank transfer. We will kindly ask you to pay 50% of your bill at the time of your booking to secure your spot! The other 50% will be due at least one month before your arrival!
What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Impactrip deposit fees are designed to be as affordable as possible to allow everyone to join our programs. Therefore, considering its limited capacity and the expectations of everyone involved, ImpacTrip is unable to provide a total refund policy.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip's volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.