From Turin to Val di Susa
Everyone thinks that Turin is only an industrial, shy, provincial city but... Turin is something else!
Today in Turin you can immerse yourself in a city with a real past, with a rich museum heritage, but at the same time undoubtedly post-industrial! It will be important to know, in the company of intercultural Migrantour escorts, how a thousand different cultures live and coexist around one big square in Porta Palazzo, the most multi-ethnic neighborhood in the city.
All ll around the city, the amazing Susa Valley is a land of encounters and passages: it stretches from Turin and arrives in France, through three passes that have marked its history, and in some way also the destiny of these times – the Mont Cenis , the Fréjus and the Montgenèvre. France is therefore at the gates, and on the other side, further west, the city of Turin.
In this context, the Novalesa Abbey is a precious witness to the history of the Susa Valley, with the passage of Charlemagne, the advent of the Saracens, and the return of the Benedictine monks, who still live there. An unexpected part of Piedmont awaits you, a harsh land made up of beauties that are sometimes hidden, but dazzling. This is just a taste: visiting it with us, you will want to go back.
During our visit to Turin we will meet the “Walking Together” Association which promotes, coordinates, directs and carries out initiatives aimed at the health and social assistance of the most deprived people, Italian and foreign citizens. The Association offers its free services to the subjects reported by the bodies responsible for the initial reception task as well as by the social services, which are therefore responsible for monitoring and assessing the actual state of need of each reported person.
We will also have the opportunity to get to know more closely the Abele group born in Turin in 1965 and founded by Don Luigi Ciotti, for over 50 years it has been close to those in difficulty and committed to removing everything that creates marginalization, inequality, bewilderment. We will visit the beautiful Commensal Center with the Binaria bookshop.
– The Migrantour experience, an intercultural tour in the square of one of the most important markets
– Meeting with the Walking Together Association, committed to providing medical assistance to those who cannot use the National Health Service, paying particular attention to the poorest and most marginalized.
– Meeting with the Abele Group at their headquarters in the Fabbrica delle “E”, view of the wonderful Commensal Center (Binaria bookshop and Bottega del Commercio Fair).
- MAY: 1, 29
- JUNE: 12, 26
- JULY: 3, 17, 31
- AUG: 14, 21, 28
- SEP: 4, 11, 18
- OCT: 9, 16, 30
- NOV: 6, 13, 20
- DEC: 4, 11, 18
basic net fee for 6 participants 1150€
basic net fee for 10 participants 950€
The single room supplement may vary depending on the period of the year.
- Breakfast and overnight stay in hotel and farmhouse;
- 3 dinners (drinks not included);
- 1 packed lunch and a tasting lunch;
- Tourist guide in historical visits and Certosa;
- Migrantour walk;
- Naturalistic guides (English speaker) for the climb to the Sacra di San Michele;
- Entrance to the Sacra di San Michele;
- Private transport for the last ones three days;
- English speaking tour leader;
- Solidarity fee for the development of local projects (35 euros).
- lunches and dinners not indicated in the program;
- local city transport in Turin;
- train ticket to Avigliana;
- anything not expressly indicated in the item “the fee includes”.