In this program, you will have the opportunity to live the day-to-day life of a farm and help the mistreated and old horses that live in this Horse Sanctuary.
If you are a nature and animal lover, this is the right program for you! Just 1h30 away from Barcelona by train, you will find this farm and Horse Sanctuary where you will be able to help with the day-to-day activities, learn about the farm life and help animals in need.
The aim of this non-profit is to support the Defense of Equines and other farm animals. To achieve that, this organization rescues them from abuse, provides them with a healthy and happy life, and finds them other adoptive families; They collaborate with other entities to raise awareness of children and adults for this cause, among other ways of fighting for animal protection.
The daily tasks can vary but can be as follows:
– Clean the animal places
– Feed the animals
– Medical help to the animals
– Interact with the animals
– Help the visitors exploring the park
You will be accommodated in a beautiful country house in the same area as the farm and will have all the comforts such as a kitchen, washing machine, Wi-Fi, television, cleaning person once a week… and farm support from a worker during the day. Since you will have to cook your own meals the program team will take you to the supermarket once or twice a week.
1st week 929€
following weeks 490€
– Pick up at the international airport in Barcelona & public transportation transfer to the accommodation
– Accommodation at a dormitory at a social hostel, female dormitory or mixed dormitory with private
bathroom for the first two days; bed sheets are provided
– Accommodation in a twin room on the farm in the countryside for the rest of the duration of the program.
- – Three meals a day everyday: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request)
– Shared use of common room, outdoor area, and free WIFI
– Orientation event on arrival (including an introduction to Spain and Spanish culture, volunteer experience,
overview of programs, practical information, safety guidelines)
– Responsible guided city tour
– The best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in an impactful non-profit project
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering
– Ongoing support throughout the stay
– 24h/7 emergency support
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)