Lampedusa: stay human
Lampedusa, the largest of the Pelagie islands, due to its position has always been a crossroads of civilizations, cultures and travels, for decades in the collective imagination "the island of landings". Exceptional place for reflection on the political and social dynamics of migratory flows.The trip will allow you to know these aspects without neglecting the tourist vocation of the island, however: the sea, the beaches and the other natural beauties of Lampedusa.
We will retrace the most interesting places of Lampedusa , the Gate of Europe, a monument inspired by migrations and donated in 2008 by the artist Mimmo Paladino, the local cemetery where some migrants who died during the crossing of the sea are also buried; the small Sanctuary of the Madonna di Porto Salvo will welcome us for the story of the millenary intertwining between the Christian and Muslim religions on the island, and for the discovery of stories almost lost in the pages of history. And finally we will be accompanied through the narrow streets for a slow discovery of the small and welcoming Linosa, a volcanic island with a unique natural environment, a real black pearl of the Pelagie.
The trip offers a series of meetings with people, organizations and associations operating in Lampedusa in the field of environmental protection and social commitment. We will deepen the issues related to migration, with the Lampedusa Solidale Forum, made up of Mediterranean Hope operators, exponents of the Parish of Lampedusa, and ordinary people. At the Historical Archive of Lampedusa, Mr. Taranto will show us photographs, documents, books and testimonies of the island. We will meet the Askavusa collective at the Porto M headquarters, where some objects recovered from migrant boats are kept. We will learn about the various aspects of environmental protection and conservation of endangered species thanks to specialized operators of Legambiente and Turtle Group. Finally, there will be meetings with local artisans and artists who are custodians of the traditions of this splendid island, such as Giacomo Sferlazzo, who will accompany us to discover the history of Lampedusa with a theatrical workshop. The solidarity fees of the trip will go to support the environmental, social and cultural activities that we will encounter during the trip.
JUNE: from 5 to 12 – from 27/6 to 04/7
JULY: from 11 to 18
SEPTEMBER: from 11 to 18 – from 18 to 25
OCTOBER: from 9 to 16
- 6/8 participants: 870€
- 10 participants: 760€
- Departures supplement July / September € 35 per person (High Season)
- The price includes:
- Compensation and reimbursement of expenses for local cultural mediator.
- Overnight stays in a double room and breakfast in B & B / apartments / bungalows.
- All the visits indicated in the program, theater workshop and show, included appetizer.
- Return ferry to Linosa and lunch, drinks not included with the presence of a local cultural mediator.
- Minibus per ride of the island of Lampedusa and Linosa.
- Solidarity fee for the development of local projects (35 euros).
The fee does not include:
- Lunches and dinners (average cost around 10-15 euros per meal)
- Travel on the public bus of Lampedusa
- Optional excursions (boat trip)
- Anything not expressly indicated under the item “the fee includes”.