Venice and its lagoon
Venice speaks for itself: its history, its priceless heritage, everything contributes to making it attractive. However, few know of the "real life of the city of water", which is first of all a lagoon city, made up of islands, including agricultural ones, such as S. Erasmo, where the stay is based.
Few tourists manage to come into sensitive contact with Venice and its lagoon remains unknown to many: with this stay you can instead get used to the slow rhythms of the city, to travel on the water and slowly penetrate its hidden secrets, in the labyrinthine and exciting meanders of the historical and social fabric of Venice. S. Erasmo is the island of Venetian farmers, with delicious fruit and vegetables (Slowfood presidium), where the direct relationship between producers and consumers has hit the mark, allowing many young people to resist. Here you will find different products of excellence, such as fragrant wines and honey that can take lilac hues from barena flowers; you will meet those who live and work in the lagoon. At the same time, hidden corners of Venice and the lagoon islands will be discovered, such as the precious San Francesco of the desert. Taking advantage of the advice of those who have been here for many years with a project created especially for special tourists like you: “Il Lato Azzurro”.
The fact of visiting Venice from the water and not arriving from the mainland, makes yours a tourism that is supportive and respectful with the city, with a low impact. The meeting with the realities of the territory, first of all the managers of the hotel where you stay, Il Lato Azzurro, born many years ago as a cultural holiday center in the lagoon and has always been active in projects of solidarity and enhancement of the territory. And then those who work the land in the lagoon, young farmers full of enthusiasm. The meeting with the guys of Orient Experience, a reality born from the environment of Afghan refugees who in Venice have found fertile ground for cultural exchange and the possibility of rebuilding a peaceful life, despite bringing the baggage of painful experiences.
- MAY: From 29/5 to 03/6
- JUNE: From 12 to 17 – From 26/6 to 01/07
- JULY: From 3 to 8 – From 17 to 22 – From 31 to 5/8
- AUGUST: From 21 to 26 – From 28/8 to 2/9
- SEPTEMBER: From 11 to 16 – From 18 to 23
- OCTOBER: From 9 to 14 – From 16 to 21 – From 30/10 to 4/11
- NOVEMBER: From 13 to 18 – From 20 to 25
- DECEMBER: From 4 to 9 – From 18 to 23
- 6/8 participants: 620€
- 10 participants: 570€
The price includes:
- 5 nights at the “Il Lato Azzurro” hotel, half board;
- Private transfer on arrival and departure from Sant’Erasmo to the structure;
- Tasting lunch in Venice;
- Half day guided tour of Venice;
- Excursion Half-day “lagoon by bike”;
- Guided tour of the farm, lunch included;
- Water taxi excursion a Burano, Torcello and S. Francesco del Deserto;
- Assistance from our representative on the Blue Side;
- Solidarity fee for the development of local projects (35 euros).
Departures February, March, October, November and December: guided tour and entrances to S. Servolo and S. Lazzaro; guided tour Sant’Erasmo and Lato Azzurro tasting (these experiences substitute the other due to seasonality).
The fee does not include:
- All transports / boats (7-day pass approx. 60 euros);
- Meals not indicated in the program;
- Entrances to sites and museums;
- Anything not expressly indicated in the item “the fee includes”.
Departures February, March, October and December: half-day “lagoon by bike” excursion; lunch in farm.