Youth Support in Rome
Education is a fundamental human right. It promotes individual freedom and empowerment and yields important development benefits. Yet millions of children remain deprived of educational opportunities, many because of poverty or a criminal background (derived from troubled families). It is still true even in a developed country like Italy.
Italian children have access to school, but they lack support to continue their education and to follow their professional dreams. Our volunteers help different NGOs promoting several and diversified extra-curricular educational initiatives, with tasks such as designing and implementing completely new extra-curricular activities, support existing ones, teach a new sport, culture, language, instrument, game, arts and crafts or anything else the volunteer is good at.
Typically, the children with whom volunteers interact come from underprivileged backgrounds or are facing life-situations, that mean extra opportunities are limited. The driving goal behind this project is to foster inclusion, personal development and establish key life-skills within these children and youth. Volunteers will support this by assisting with homework, organizing activities, helping with craft and art activities, and assisting with any other work that needs to be done at the organization.
Volunteers will be embracing that ethos by acting as a positive role model. They’ll also be part of expanding how these children think of the world, as interactions with different nationalities and cultures are something that many have not experienced before.
Volunteers also have the opportunity to teach English to the children through fun games or simply by interacting with them to improve their spoken English. During the school holidays, volunteers may also help with outside activities including trips to the beach and games. Sometimes, also the local team need supports with tasks in the office and the coordination of the activities.
Volunteers do work with different initiatives depending on the need at the time and can expect to work with youth who vary in age from 7 to 18 years old.
2 weeks 1218€
following weeks 327€
- Accommodation at a dormitory at a camping right out of Rome city center (Private rooms with private bathroom are also available);
- Two meals a day, everyday: breakast and, dinner (local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.)
- Pick-up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation (On the Saturday or Sunday prior to an Introduction Day).
- Guided city tour (2 hours approx);
- Allocation to a non-profit and placement coordination on the first day of volunteering;
- Free SIM card, maps and the best tips to discover the city!
- Support 24/7 (365 days a year at anytime)
- Pick-up at the airport on other dates
- Drop-off at the airport
- Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance (health or accidents)
Youth Support in Rome
Am I provided with insurance during my stay?
Your program fee includes civil liability insurance with limited coverage, that only covers accidents that may happen during your volunteering shift.
We highly recommend you to get full health, travel and accidents insurance in your home country!
Can I change the dates of my volunteer placement with ImpacTrip?
Yes, that is generally possible! In most cases, we are quite flexible with making changes to your original booking period as per your wish, as we know how challenging it can be to plan such a big trip far in advance. However, please keep in mind that all of our programs are subject to availability, and therefore, we might not be able to accommodate last-minute changes anymore. Therefore, we recommend that you early on try to organize your plans concretely and get in touch with us as quickly as possible if alterations become necessary so that we are left with a higher chance of managing to change your reservation to cater your new situation!
Can I volunteer along with a friend of family member of mine?
Yes, of course you can! We regularly receive little groups of friends or family that come to participate in our programs together.
Do I have to pay money for volunteering?
You are not paying for your volunteer work itself but for your stay with us overall! The costs for your program further include various elements that are part of your stay here! Respective to your program, those elements can, for example, include your accommodation, food, transportation from and to the airport, insurance, guided tours, professional guides, supervisors or instructors, placement coordination and 24/7 support!
Please have a look at the pricing details of your program to find an accurate overview of all aspects included in each program and location.
Do I need to book my stay well in advance?
No, not necessarily! Depending on the current availability of the program of your choice, we may even be able to accommodate your stay and participation for the upcoming week! However, both in our responsible travel experiences and our volunteer programs as well as regarding our available beds in the hostel, we do sometimes reach our full capacity and therefore recommend booking your stay with us as early as possible to secure your spot!
Does this program require a high level of physical fitness?
No! All activities within this program only require a medium or low level of physical fitness!
I have special dietary requirements! Will I find food options that cater my needs?
Yes, if you are vegetarian or have specific food intolerances, we will be able to adapt the food offered to meet your dietary needs. Please get in touch with us as early as possible so we can make all necessary arrangements!
What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Impactrip deposit fees are designed to be as affordable as possible to allow everyone to join our programs. Therefore, considering its limited capacity and the expectations of everyone involved, ImpacTrip is unable to provide a total refund policy.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip's volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.
What is the accommodation like? Could I stay in a private room?
Your accommodation differs depending on the location and programs you decide for! What we can assure you is that we want to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible! In most cases, you will stay along with the other participants in dormitory-style rooms. Private rooms may be available at your accommodation as well for an extra cost.
Find more detailed program- and location-specific information in our experience description, itinerary and pricing details! And if you have any more specific questions or want to make any special requests, feel free to get in touch with us!
What is the minimum and maximum volunteer duration?
In general, you can choose any duration between a minimum of 1 week and a maximum of 12 weeks for your stay with us, depending on your personal plans and availability!
The exception in Portugal is the Wolf Conservation program in Mafra, which is only available for a duration of either 2 weeks or 4 weeks.
Exceptions is Barcelona and Split are the Special Needs Support and Youth Support programs that have a minimum duration of 2 weeks. And the Teaching program that have a minimum duration of 3 weeks in Split and 4 weeks in Barcelona.
The Marine Conservation program in every location is available for any period between a minimum of 1 week and a maximum of 4 weeks.
What is the minimum age to participate in this program? 18
The minimum age to participate in this program is 18 years!
When are the Introduction Days of Impactrip's volunteer programs?
We welcome new volunteers twice a month every month of the year. Your arrival date should be the Sunday before an Introduction Day!
- We have Introduction Days on the first and third Monday of the month in Portugal, Croatia and Italy.
- We have Introduction Days on the second and fourth Monday of the month in Spain.
Please be aware that:
- the Marine Conservation program in Portugal is only available between March and October and in Split between May and November every year.
- the Wolf Conservation program in Mafra, Portugal is only available between February and November every year and has specific arrival dates.
Take a look at the experience description of the program of your choice to find some more detailed information. Also, please keep in mind that all of our programs are always subject to availability as the number of spots is limited!
Will I have time for some sight-seeing as well?
Of course! We want you to really get to know your natural and cultural surroundings and will provide you with useful tips and tricks that will help you discover the location of your stay like a local!
Your shifts will generally last between 3 and 5 hours per day and will take place either in the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening, which will leave you with plenty of free time to go explore, take a stroll around your surroundings, catch the most important sites, interact with the locals or simply go and relax! And of course, you will have your weekends off as well!